William McCanless is a high-school dropout with no college education that accidentally became a high-converting direct response copywriter and online marketer after being fired from every normal job he’s ever had. Currently living in Thailand, traveling the world, and trying not to drink too much with doe-eyed Swedish backpacker girls, William is currently making the transition from reference-only copywriter, only known in small high-paying circles, to product creator and teacher. In the next month, he’ll be debuting a brand new high-end course called The Dark Art of Copywriting: Embracing The Power of Persuasion in which he’ll teach the driving psychology behind what makes copywriting work and how to use this power for your business, personal life, and social interactions.
Time Stamped Notes
- 02:40 Intro
- 08:37 William’s dropout story
- 14:00 He was very clear at a young age about what he wanted and what he didn’t want
- 17:00 What is it like being a digital nomad in Thailand?
- 22:15 Shroom shakes 😉
- 23:45 How William’s friends and family reacted when he dropped out of high school
- 26:39 Any fears dropping out?
- 29:00 Advice for if friends and family don’t support you
- 29:50 Consistency is the key to success
- 36:00 Another business William has and why he likes to stay off the grid
- 39:20 How William generates revenue (35k/month!)
- 44:50 William gives a step by step outline of how to be a successful freelancer
- 52:00 Worst moments and Ah Ha moments and what William learned
- 01:01:50 What would older William tell younger William?
- 01:04:00 Personal habit that contributes to William’s success
- 01:07:00 A quality that is essential to being an entrepreneur
- 01:09:30 Recommended book – New to Audible? Get your first book FREE here!
- 01:14:21 Advice for you if you are thinking of dropping out (SO GOOD!)
- 01:19:46 Advice for you if you have already dropped out
- 01:23:00 Best way you can connect to William
3 Key Points
- Consistency is the key to all success. Consistency pays off.
- Know what you are good at and what you are bad at. Build on your strengths.
- Stop complaining and making excuses. Take “but” out of your vocabulary.
- 48 Laws of Power – New to Audible? Start your free trial and get your first book for FREE here!
- Bananatag – Email tracking extension
- Dark Arts Copywriting – William’s website
This episode is brought to you by Praxis
Go from student to start up in just 9 months. Click here to discover Praxis!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.