What's new

What are your favorite autobiographies?

Teliah Gienger

Hey all!

If you listened to Episode 100 on the podcast, I mentioned that I want to start reading more autobiographies. Looking for suggestions from you guys!

I'm already reading "Pour Your Heart Into It" by CEO of Starbucks. Thanks again @Schn17eck for that one!
I love that one and Shoe Dog! Incredible! Delivering Happiness would kind of fit in as an autobiography.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #5
I'm all ears on this as I'd love to pick up some more too.

Shoe Dog by Phil Knight is the most prolific from the ones I've experienced at this stage.
Shoe Dog was amazing! Had a huge impact on me. Also made me feel a lot better about all the challenges and failures I've experienced so far. ha

Hey all!

If you listened to Episode 100 on the podcast, I mentioned that I want to start reading more autobiographies. Looking for suggestions from you guys!

I'm already reading "Pour Your Heart Into It" by CEO of Starbucks. Thanks again @Schn17eck for that one!
It’s a classic, but “Loosing my Virginity” by Richard Branson is my favorite. It really motivated me to experience as much as possible during my life !

Currently reading Ben Franklin's Autobiography. I can tell it's different than most other things I've read, but still too early to recommend it.
  1. Favorite autobiography was Made in America by Sam Walton. It tore at the heartstrings. Such a story.
  2. Most useful has proven to be Ben & Jerry's Double Dip - as it talks about values, purpose, and being socially-conscious in your work activities
  3. Titan by Ron Chernow was basically an autobiography on Rockefeller, given how in depth it is. I feel like I knew the man. And what a man he was.
  4. As Kylon mentioned, Pour Your Heart Into It by Schulz (Starbucks) was phenomenal. A book I've given as a gift I've given to many people. Great prescription for how to scale a business and do it with your values.

Teliah Gienger

Currently reading Ben Franklin's Autobiography. I can tell it's different than most other things I've read, but still too early to recommend it.
  1. Favorite autobiography was Made in America by Sam Walton. It tore at the heartstrings. Such a story.
  2. Most useful has proven to be Ben & Jerry's Double Dip - as it talks about values, purpose, and being socially-conscious in your work activities
  3. Titan by Ron Chernow was basically an autobiography on Rockefeller, given how in depth it is. I feel like I knew the man. And what a man he was.
  4. As Kylon mentioned, Pour Your Heart Into It by Schulz (Starbucks) was phenomenal. A book I've given as a gift I've given to many people. Great prescription for how to scale a business and do it with your values.
Loved Howards book and I'm reading Double Dip now because of you Andrew. ;)