What's new

Taking Risks

Thread starter #1
Tina Seeling: The little risks you can take to increase your luck

Amazing Monday motivation!

Personally, my only risks have been dropping out of college (which was due to my depression and laziness tbh), and applying for the job I have now.
Neither felt like risks at the time, but they've been vital in getting me to where I am now.

One risk I'm making next summer, the biggest risk I've ever taken, is moving across the country! My husband and I have always wanted to move away from Iowa and its horrid winters, so we made the choices to move to Austin, TX! I'm SUPER nervous about finding a job, paying our debts off before we move, finding a safe and affordable place to live, etc.

What kinds of risks have you taken to get to where you are?

cvans

@Gerrit is moving to Austin soon as well :)

One of the risks I'm gonna take by spring of next year is quitting my cozy consultant job and moving halfway around the world to start a company. I'm incredibly nervous as well, as I feel like every healthy person would be. ;)

Sam

Staff member
Not taking any one of several graduate jobs and delivering food for months before I settled on a business idea. A year after not taking the traditional graduate route I have my own business and we're now 4 clients in!

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa that's exciting! Definitely keep us updated.

I risked leaving everything I knew to enlist in the military and pursue a dream. Ended up getting injured, failing at the dream, losing it completely and it was simultaneously one of the worst and best moments of my life. Looking back now, ZERO regrets. And I think that's the key...I would rather keep taking the risks and possibly keep failing than look back on my life and regret never trying.