What's new

Self starter... that doesnt finish?

Thread starter #21
@Teliah Gienger we have thought about what we want to do when we get debt free a lot. At first I don't know if it will feel like we are debt free. We desperately need new windows and insulation and siding on our house to make it energy efficient, because it is not efficient at all! We keep the heat low as possible and run space heaters at night and the a.c. is set on 77 degrees and run fans. On the bright side we can save for that quickly!

@Gerrit I put in for that tech writer job and met with the hiring manager. He only cared about someone with 3 yrs experience in Microsoft word. I emphasized on my Photoshop and photography since that's where I have the most experience and it was in the job description. It doesn'tseem that I was initially picked for an interview but I emailed him and he did take time to meet me and he's having the current tech writer ( Rob) set me up with the test they give everyone. I have been getting to know him a couple months now to get help with my fundraiser stuff and he's given me tips on tools I need to learn and I helped him with getting a photo of a glass award and editing it for the president of the company and its going on the company website so that's something to add to my resume. I emailed the hiring manager again to let him know I have examples of word docs I have made in the past if he would take the time to look at them and he said to send them when I have time, since I'm on vacation all week. He said he wouldn't promise I'd get hired but he's giving a shot! It helps a lot that Rob and I have spent a lot of time hanging at work latley.

Gerrit

@Teliah Gienger we have thought about what we want to do when we get debt free a lot. At first I don't know if it will feel like we are debt free. We desperately need new windows and insulation and siding on our house to make it energy efficient, because it is not efficient at all! We keep the heat low as possible and run space heaters at night and the a.c. is set on 77 degrees and run fans. On the bright side we can save for that quickly!

@Gerrit I put in for that tech writer job and met with the hiring manager. He only cared about someone with 3 yrs experience in Microsoft word. I emphasized on my Photoshop and photography since that's where I have the most experience and it was in the job description. It doesn'tseem that I was initially picked for an interview but I emailed him and he did take time to meet me and he's having the current tech writer ( Rob) set me up with the test they give everyone. I have been getting to know him a couple months now to get help with my fundraiser stuff and he's given me tips on tools I need to learn and I helped him with getting a photo of a glass award and editing it for the president of the company and its going on the company website so that's something to add to my resume. I emailed the hiring manager again to let him know I have examples of word docs I have made in the past if he would take the time to look at them and he said to send them when I have time, since I'm on vacation all week. He said he wouldn't promise I'd get hired but he's giving a shot! It helps a lot that Rob and I have spent a lot of time hanging at work latley.
It’s both good that he doesn’t do empty promises and is looking at you as an option for this job. Even if it turns out to not be you this experience is useful. You can learn from it by getting his honest feedback and then work on the points that you want to develop yourself in further. I hope it goes well. Let me know what happens

Teliah Gienger

That's a great plan though even if it won't feel like debt free right away. :) I'm excited for you guys!

Thread starter #24
It’s both good that he doesn’t do empty promises and is looking at you as an option for this job. Even if it turns out to not be you this experience is useful. You can learn from it by getting his honest feedback and then work on the points that you want to develop yourself in further. I hope it goes well. Let me know what happens
I had news about the job. I jumped over on my other thread Exciting news with most recent updates. I hit a rough ride lately.