What's new

My journey to accomplish 2018 goals...

Sam

Staff member
UPDATE
Successful Dropout reach 50,000 members and earning 10k/mo
At 116 members! Not quite to 50k but it's a start, haha. A lot of this is my fault. Because of PeerMotion startup I haven't had a lot of time to focus on promoting the forum...but it's nice to see it growing organically at 2 members per day or so.

Monetization efforts are underway after having a meeting with some of the core members of SD. Our biggest chance at revenue rn is affiliate links and also creating a very extensive "All The Things You Didn't Learn In School" course.

AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 2k/mo with AffiliateFix
We're getting closer to this. Next week will sign another LOI with a similar sized forum which has 100k members...and AffiliateFix has 96,000. By the time we execute on that LOI to buy the other forum, AF should be at 100k members...so the two combined will be 200k! I changed the goal from earning 10k/month to just 2k/mo since I've passed off most of my responsibilities. But I think 2k/mo is reasonable for myself once both merge and start earning.

Launch PeerMotion platform with 10,000 users and personally earn 10k/month from that
Most of my focus is here. Moving along rapidly! Legal entity almost set up, will do seed round soon and then private token pre sale (we will be creating our own cryptocurrency). Right now deep in ideation stage. About 90% done with the white paper. Will share when it is done! If anyone here is interested in affiliate marketing...this will be a killer platform for you to get involved with!

Be at 175lbs and 10% body fat
170lbs!

Self publish a book related to Successful Dropout and education
Have outline done. Will be on JIT learning

Open a second NUYU Juice Bar location
No progress here yet. Still waiting for real estate options to open up in target location.

Purchase a fixer upper 3 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass, WA.
No progress here yet besides a few prospective properties we are keeping an eye on.
Awesome progress man! Really interested in the cryptocurrency you're creating :)

cvans

Have outline done. Will be on JIT learning
Very interested in this one. JIT-learning was really one of your most brilliant insights, in my opinion (it was your own, right?). I use the term all the time now. I'd love to see the outline of the book. :)

I hope you're not spreading yourself too thin with all the stuff you're working on. It would drive me crazy, that's for sure...

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #23
Very interested in this one. JIT-learning was really one of your most brilliant insights, in my opinion (it was your own, right?). I use the term all the time now. I'd love to see the outline of the book. :)

I hope you're not spreading yourself too thin with all the stuff you're working on. It would drive me crazy, that's for sure...
As far as I know, yes, it's my idea. I haven't had much luck finding anything or anyone else out there taking the approach to it as we do here at SD. There is "just in time teaching"...which has to do with optimizing classroom learning in formal schooling (lol), and there is "just in time learning" as it relates to building online courses and also training employees within organizations...basically making sure the right information gets in front of the right person at the right time for maximum efficiency. But I can't find anyone who is championing JITL as a philosophy and way of orientating ones self to the world and their pursuits....a powerful mentality that an individual should take on and live out in almost every aspect of their lives. No one is talking about that. So I aim to!

As for spreading myself thin...hahaha honestly yes, I'm probably spreading myself too thin...much of my life has been that way. I debate back and forth all the time, because to focus on one thing and make it great is incredible...but I've also had a lot of success having several "irons in the fire" and making 2 to 3 of them great at the same time (with the help of business partners and delegating to great teams), I also love the variety. It's a balance. I have somewhat of a plan in place to offload many of my current responsibilities (say with AffiliateFix) in coming months. Also in the startup stage with PeerMotion and that's always chaotic.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #24
UPDATE
Ok so it's been awhile since I've updated. Lot's has changed! In short, PeerMotion (the crypto project) has gotten much much more demanding and the vision and plan has grown substantially. So much so that I've really had to put most other goals on hold for now. My life is quickly become all about PeerMotion, and I don't mind. The project and tech is fascinating, I'm building a company with a massive vision from the ground up, and success would mean a very huge shift in my career trajectory (up up and away!).

This goal is taking a slightly different direction. The podcast is taking a break for now and I'm only uploading every so often when I have something to say. SD and the community is staying put, I just needed a break from the podcast.

Also in the process of actually handing over a lot of leadership in SD to someone else who can partner with me in continuing to grow this community. In short, I would rather share the ownership with someone and see SD become all it can be, then let it die simply because I don't have the time. This community has so much potential and has already come so far! Excited for the future!

AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 2k/mo with AffiliateFix (ACCOMPLISHED)
This goal probably needs to change too as AffiliateFix plus another forum are being merged under the one PeerMotion banner and frankly I've already grown beyond this goal. I supposed I can just call this one accomplished as both of these forums represent more than 200,000 and I'm already earning about that much now without even having ownership. The merge is not 100% yet, but it will be soon and I will actually have ownership in both assets after that is complete under the PeerMotion banner. Yeah going to consider this one accomplished, just in a different way than I imagined at the beginning of the year, and once again I've grown beyond it...it's a very small piece of a large puzzle now.

Launch PeerMotion platform with 10,000 users and personally earn 10k/month from that
This is where all my time is. This is what matters most right now for my career, my network, my life, my family etc. Success here means a significant level up, and I can use that as a stepping stone to create an even greater positive impact in the world (with SD too!).

We've already had to pivot several times. Every startup does. We are no longer doing an ICO to raise funds. Instead we are raising private equity through a more traditional Reg D offering to accredited investors here in the US. We are also utilizing a new gov program called Opportunity Zones...there's a lot to that, but it's an incredible advantage to raising capital. What we're selling to investors is equity in several online assets (businesses) that we will acquire with the money they give us. Millions of dollars worth of software tools, communities, and other online platforms in the affiliate marketing industry. Our goal is to consolidate an entire marketplace of businesses in the industry under the one PeerMotion banner. Investors will earn dividends from the cashflow and their investments will appreciate as we continue to grow the businesses. Simultaneously we are connecting this entire marketplace we've acquired to the Ethereum blockchain. We'll soon introduce our own utility token into this marketplace, and over the next several years we will completely eliminate fees across the board and instead all transactions will be done via our token. This is how you disrupt an entire traditional industry with crypto. We'll see if we've got what it takes. I think we do!

I realize you may be a little lost reading that paragraph. I would love to explain it more in person to anyone who is interested. The vision is fascinating and extremely compelling once you understand it.

Long story short, this is now my main goal and I should probably change the wording around. It's no longer about the money I'll personally make or 10,000 users. That's thinking too small.

Meh. Need to get better with this one. After a trip to Europe and some crazy work schedules I've lost ground here.

No progress on this since last update

Purchase a fixer upper 3 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass, WA.
No progress on this since last update. Tbh I'm open to the fact that this may not happen this year...and it's simply because of where the market is. Prices are sky high ridiculous and we think the bubble could burst in the near future. Unless I find an anomaly it's just not a smart move to buy a place right now...and we are very happy with our current location. Still keeping an eye out as always.

Sam

Staff member
UPDATE
Ok so it's been awhile since I've updated. Lot's has changed! In short, PeerMotion (the crypto project) has gotten much much more demanding and the vision and plan has grown substantially. So much so that I've really had to put most other goals on hold for now. My life is quickly become all about PeerMotion, and I don't mind. The project and tech is fascinating, I'm building a company with a massive vision from the ground up, and success would mean a very huge shift in my career trajectory (up up and away!).

This goal is taking a slightly different direction. The podcast is taking a break for now and I'm only uploading every so often when I have something to say. SD and the community is staying put, I just needed a break from the podcast.

Also in the process of actually handing over a lot of leadership in SD to someone else who can partner with me in continuing to grow this community. In short, I would rather share the ownership with someone and see SD become all it can be, then let it die simply because I don't have the time. This community has so much potential and has already come so far! Excited for the future!

AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 2k/mo with AffiliateFix (ACCOMPLISHED)
This goal probably needs to change too as AffiliateFix plus another forum are being merged under the one PeerMotion banner and frankly I've already grown beyond this goal. I supposed I can just call this one accomplished as both of these forums represent more than 200,000 and I'm already earning about that much now without even having ownership. The merge is not 100% yet, but it will be soon and I will actually have ownership in both assets after that is complete under the PeerMotion banner. Yeah going to consider this one accomplished, just in a different way than I imagined at the beginning of the year, and once again I've grown beyond it...it's a very small piece of a large puzzle now.

This is where all my time is. This is what matters most right now for my career, my network, my life, my family etc. Success here means a significant level up, and I can use that as a stepping stone to create an even greater positive impact in the world (with SD too!).

We've already had to pivot several times. Every startup does. We are no longer doing an ICO to raise funds. Instead we are raising private equity through a more traditional Reg D offering to accredited investors here in the US. We are also utilizing a new gov program called Opportunity Zones...there's a lot to that, but it's an incredible advantage to raising capital. What we're selling to investors is equity in several online assets (businesses) that we will acquire with the money they give us. Millions of dollars worth of software tools, communities, and other online platforms in the affiliate marketing industry. Our goal is to consolidate an entire marketplace of businesses in the industry under the one PeerMotion banner. Investors will earn dividends from the cashflow and their investments will appreciate as we continue to grow the businesses. Simultaneously we are connecting this entire marketplace we've acquired to the Ethereum blockchain. We'll soon introduce our own utility token into this marketplace, and over the next several years we will completely eliminate fees across the board and instead all transactions will be done via our token. This is how you disrupt an entire traditional industry with crypto. We'll see if we've got what it takes. I think we do!

I realize you may be a little lost reading that paragraph. I would love to explain it more in person to anyone who is interested. The vision is fascinating and extremely compelling once you understand it.

Long story short, this is now my main goal and I should probably change the wording around. It's no longer about the money I'll personally make or 10,000 users. That's thinking too small.

Meh. Need to get better with this one. After a trip to Europe and some crazy work schedules I've lost ground here.

No progress on this since last update. Tbh I'm open to the fact that this may not happen this year...and it's simply because of where the market is. Prices are sky high ridiculous and we think the bubble could burst in the near future. Unless I find an anomaly it's just not a smart move to buy a place right now...and we are very happy with our current location. Still keeping an eye out as always.
Neat update!

Really excited for the future of Successful Dropout ;)

I think your narrowing down of focus has been really interesting to follow with these updates! Means better things with bigger results to come :D

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #26
Neat update!

Really excited for the future of Successful Dropout ;)

I think your narrowing down of focus has been really interesting to follow with these updates! Means better things with bigger results to come :D
lol yeah if there's something I've learned about myself over the last several years it's that I can take on too much at once. But I actually don't mind it. Maybe less efficient to start with, but when I start with so many "irons in the fire", it gives me a chance to try several different options...and then eventually narrow it down and focus on the main couple things that have the most potential/I enjoy the most. Kind of like test driving and renting several cars, eventually landing on the best fit out of several. You would never know it if you didn't first try some others. haha. That's what I tell myself anyways.

Sam

Staff member
lol yeah if there's something I've learned about myself over the last several years it's that I can take on too much at once. But I actually don't mind it. Maybe less efficient to start with, but when I start with so many "irons in the fire", it gives me a chance to try several different options...and then eventually narrow it down and focus on the main couple things that have the most potential/I enjoy the most. Kind of like test driving and renting several cars, eventually landing on the best fit out of several. You would never know it if you didn't first try some others. haha. That's what I tell myself anyways.
Nice analogy! Entrepreneur's mixed blessing and curse too - we see opportunity in everything! For me things manage to go well if I manage let go of enough things and purge regularly!

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #28
Update to just the PeerMotion side of things:

We finally have a path forward to funding in January, with money in the bank by February. Building the actual PeerMotion crypto platform still won't happen until maybe Q2 or Q3 of 2019. This is because we are funding the project by raising money to purchase a bunch of existing online businesses in the industry (digital marketing). The majority of the money raised will go towards acquiring these businesses, with a smaller allocation being reserved for developing the platform. The first several months after the raise will be spend buying and onboarding/vertically integrating these businesses under one entity plus getting good management teams in place to run them. After that (again around Q2-Q3) we can begin development.

The bulk of the raise will be through Agora. Pretty massive group of companies based on the east coast. They own a lot of specifically finance publishing and content sites. We pitched them PeerMotion awhile ago and they've approved it which is a pretty big deal.

Here too is the new website for PeerMotion if you are curious to learn more about it. There is still some generic content and bugs (like my face on most of the team lol) that need to be fixed but it's mostly there. All the content you see, the ideation of the entire platform, the whitepaper, the partnership, the team etc...that's what I've been working on for like the last six months straight. All we need is money in the bank now.