What's new

My 2018 Journey

Thread starter #1
Since joining this community just a few weeks ago, I’ve been really focused on getting my blog up, and I was determined to atleast get one post published today (even if things weren’t perfect), which I did!

My next goal is to release products such as planners and journals that focus on goal setting and productivity. This also means I should actually learn how to make things via Publisher.... so here’s to more new beginnings 😊

Thread starter #5
That's so exciting, congrats! What's your blog about? Also, I'm a HUGE planner/journal person, so if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm your girl!
It’s going to be focused on goal setting, dreaming, vision, and maybe a few other things I learn along the way! And yay I’m glad I’ll definitely reach out when the time comes:)

Thread starter #6
What is the link of your blog? And @Kylon is there a place on this forum where we have a good view on all of our blogger, vloggers and Podcasters? So we can easily find subject we like to read listen or look at?
designedforvision.com/blog/ 😊 if you have feedback please let me know, this is my first time doing anything like this. I could barely figure out how to add a subscription button 😅 so bear with me!

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
What is the link of your blog? And @Kylon is there a place on this forum where we have a good view on all of our blogger, vloggers and Podcasters? So we can easily find subject we like to read listen or look at?
Yes actually...I think there is a way we can do this via the Resources section of the site. Right now I have a section for Successful Dropout Approved blogs, websites, etc. This is mostly reserved for resources that have been around for awhile that are more official. But I could create like a "Member Blogs, Vlogs" etc category for just general sites that everyone has. I'll put this on my to do list to explore more.

Good idea!

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
designedforvision.com/blog/ 😊 if you have feedback please let me know, this is my first time doing anything like this. I could barely figure out how to add a subscription button 😅 so bear with me!
Wow! I'm impressed @Dulce! The site is looking really good.

Love the about us section and the explanation of YOUR vision. haha ;)

Definitely keep us updated on your progress here...like when you've got some products, that will be exciting! Btw, have you seen any of John Lee Dumas's goal and vision related products like the Mastery Journal? I think that's what it's called. Not that you should do what he did at all but could use it as some inspiration as I know he did really well with that.

Gerrit

If you ever need assistance with small things or just advice on website building. Send me a pm. I can help out.

Thread starter #10
Wow! I'm impressed @Dulce! The site is looking really good.

Love the about us section and the explanation of YOUR vision. haha ;)

Definitely keep us updated on your progress here...like when you've got some products, that will be exciting! Btw, have you seen any of John Lee Dumas's goal and vision related products like the Mastery Journal? I think that's what it's called. Not that you should do what he did at all but could use it as some inspiration as I know he did really well with that.
I haven’t heard of him but I’ll go ahead and check his work out, thank you!
I’ll keep you all updated!

Thread starter #14
It’s going okay! I’ve gotten a little behind due to my husband getting sick last week, but I’m trying to keep the ball rolling. I just need to figure out a system that works for me and my schedule 😅 balancing everything and keeping boundaries has gotten a little difficult.

Thread starter #15
As of today I have published 5 blog posts so far. My goal is to do 2 blogs a week. What are your thoughts on that? Is that too many? Not enough? Also, this weekend I’m going to focus on learning email strategies. I currently have MailChimp but no idea how to really use it...yet!!l

Teliah Gienger

As of today I have published 5 blog posts so far. My goal is to do 2 blogs a week. What are your thoughts on that? Is that too many? Not enough? Also, this weekend I’m going to focus on learning email strategies. I currently have MailChimp but no idea how to really use it...yet!!l
I love it! Mailchimp is the bomb for starting out and free I believe until you hit a certain amount of subscribers. But, it gives you analytics, creates nice looking emails and you can integrate it to your site.

As far as blogs go, I think that is up to you. You can play around with it and see what amount gets you the results you're looking for. I typically see 1-2 blogs a week. I think anymore than that, and it might seem overwhelming to keep up on for the reader and it's a lot of work on your end too. ;)

Gerrit

As far as blogs go, I think that is up to you. You can play around with it and see what amount gets you the results you're looking for. I typically see 1-2 blogs a week. I think anymore than that, and it might seem overwhelming to keep up on for the reader and it's a lot of work on your end too. ;)
I agree. A good friend blogged every day for a month. She is a good writer, but I just couldn't keep up and I dropped reading her blog. 1 to 2 times a week is good. Personally I would do 1 per week. But if you write shorter blogs (2-5 minutes read) 2 would be good. Just my feeling. Did you share your blogs here yet?

Thread starter #19
I agree. A good friend blogged every day for a month. She is a good writer, but I just couldn't keep up and I dropped reading her blog. 1 to 2 times a week is good. Personally I would do 1 per week. But if you write shorter blogs (2-5 minutes read) 2 would be good. Just my feeling. Did you share your blogs here yet?
Thanks for the input! I will definitely have to consider the length of them :) and I thought I did. designedforvision.com/blog/