What's new

In one sentence, why did you drop out of college?

Teliah Gienger

The prerequisites for getting into computer programming classes was just about every math class offered. And, the guys in the computer club were snobs. The club president seemed like he had a huge ego, and loved to tell me what I couldn't do. Yeah I break stuff sometimes, but that's how I learn. Tinker with stuff to understand what's going on. Tear it apart, put it back together. Examine the pieces. Fathom what this does and why it's important. If something isn't working, figure out what happened to cause that. I'm self taught by reverse engineering.

Here's the question. Don't understand it? Here's the answer. Figure out how the question leads to the answer. I'm weird. I work some problems backwards.
Nice! I like working through challenges like that as well!

I chose not to go to college bc the way school is setup and somehow being able to choose the correct path at such an impressionable age is a lot to expect. When you're interested in everything without being committed to one line of thought these decisions are temporary at best.

I chose not to go to college bc the way school is setup and somehow being able to choose the correct path at such an impressionable age is a lot to expect. When you're interested in everything without being committed to one line of thought these decisions are temporary at best.
And let's not forget that student loans are unforgivable. Hind sight. Seems like asking for a loan from the mob. Bottom line, they always get their money with plenty of interest, even if it kills you.

I was too eager and naive. I didn't take the warnings seriously about possible consequences of falling behind financially. I don't want to go into details of my story, but it was ugly and I'm not proud of it.

Needless to say, that time is over and done with. Time to move on with my life.

Last edited:
I did a quick and dirty research. Student loans are the only unforgivable loan that exist. What better way to guarantee payback than to create a scheme, that can never be dismissed, even if you are literally flat broke. Think about this. The only thing filing for bankruptcy doesn't cover is student loans. People can file being millions in debt, but students can't ever! It will follow and haunt you until the day you die.

As fast as the market and job openings changes, there is a high chance that the area you decided to go to school for, will be obsolete, or maybe be flooded by workers willing to be paid 75% less, for your chosen field, when you graduate. Not to mention all the prerequisite classes you must take before starting the courses that actually relate to your chosen field of study.

Think of all that wasted time and money on credit hours and insanely expensive books. We'll give you 25% back for the book you paid full price for, if the book is even relevant this semester.

Every time I tried to turn books in, I left really pissed off! This is a f'in scam!