What's new

In one sentence, why did you drop out of college?

Up until before dropping out, I was like Neo from The Matrix, always feeling there is much more to life but just couldn't figure out. Then I was introduced to books, and blogs and the gig economy and the self-help world. These things acted like Morpheus for me. Then dropping out was just like taking the red pill. Now in the training phase of unlearning and learning new things.

P.S.-Sorry for being so dramatic.:p

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #8
Up until before dropping out, I was like Neo from The Matrix, always feeling there is much more to life but just couldn't figure out. Then I was introduced to books, and blogs and the gig economy and the self-help world. These things acted like Morpheus for me. Then dropping out was just like taking the red pill. Now in the training phase of unlearning and learning new things.

P.S.-Sorry for being so dramatic.:p
Haha this is a great way to describe it

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #10
I was going for all the wrong reasons. My heart was never in it and up until I found this website and podcast, I thought I was the only one out there feeling unfulfilled with school.
Haha well welcome to the community! You are DEFINITELY not the only one ;)

Gerrit

I was going for all the wrong reasons. My heart was never in it and up until I found this website and podcast, I thought I was the only one out there feeling unfulfilled with school.
All around the world people feel like you do. Even a lot of people that do finish feel like it was pointless.

Dropped out because I went through 3 majors in 1 year, was depressed, and needed to take control of something in my life so I didn't feel totally helpless.
Was so worried I made a bad choice, but since my loans are almost paid off I'm glad I made that choice!

Teliah Gienger

Dropped out because I went through 3 majors in 1 year, was depressed, and needed to take control of something in my life so I didn't feel totally helpless.
Was so worried I made a bad choice, but since my loans are almost paid off I'm glad I made that choice!
That's great! :)