What's new

Hey all! Stock trading entrepreneur

Vangi

Thread starter #1
Hello fellow dropouts!

My name is Vangi (van-gee) and I dropped out of college last semester after it steadily but surely became clear to me that classes had become unbearable along with the idea of the lack of freedom that comes with a standard job.

But luckily I had a “hobby” back from high school. My favorite teacher back then spent the majority of class time talking about personal finance instead of Robotics and had mentioned stock trading. Once one student pointed out that stocks were too expensive for the majority of us, he told us to trade penny stocks instead. I looked them up and became fascinated with them. Then after graduation I started researching them up until college started where I became too busy to trade them.

As college went on it became clearer and clearer to me that I could not focus on classes like I used to back in high school and that I was becoming increasingly disinterested in them. I initially thought this to be something I should just shrug off until the completion of my degree, but the disinterest soon grew to the point where it was evident I should leave as it had become impossible for me to even remotely pay any attention to my classes.

Pair this with the fact that almost the entire time I kept dreaming of a future where I became a successful entrepreneur primarily through penny stock trading, and it was evident by junior year that I had to leave to pursue this dream of mine.

Now post-dropout, I wake early everyday to work on this dream that I am on the very edge of manifesting into reality.

Looking forward to meeting and connecting with you all!

Last edited:

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Vangi! Welcome to the SD forum!

Thanks for sharing your story, it's a good one! Do you do any crypto trading? Penny stocks have always looked interesting.

When you say your dream is on "the very edge of manifesting into reality", what do you mean exactly?

Vangi

Thread starter #3
Hey Kylon!

I only do penny stock trading as of now, but I do plan on getting into cryptos later on down the line.

And by that phrase, I mean that I see progress on my trading ability everyday and am close to reaching my current goal of making enough to move into my own apartment!

Gerrit

Awesome man! Love your story and would also love to learn a little bit about penny stocks. If you ever feel like writing something small on it maybe I can make it into an infographic with some icons etc. A small how to trade infographic maybe? Then we can put that on SD and help the rest of the Dropout Fam.

Also do you have certain goals set for yourself about what you need to make to move out and to buy certain stuff?

Vangi

Thread starter #5
Sounds great Gerrit! I'll definitely contact you in the future if I ever get around to writing/teaching it.

And yes I do, once I reach those goals I'll be moving out in no time!

Gerrit

Awesome. You can always contact me via the FB group or just tag my name here. Looking forward to learning from you.