What's new

Hello from Brooklyn!

Ssofrito

Thread starter #1
Hi everyone! I am actually very excited about posting on here. I recently made the decision to drop out of college and focus all of my energies on being an artist. Most specifically being an actress, spoken word poet, creating public, interactive art that also helps showcase struggling artists who are under the radar and to become an influential activist and advocate for POC and women of all ages to greater their sense of empowerment and togetherness.

I hope that one day, I will become a powerful, female figure for all women of all backgrounds through my art.

Gerrit

Awesome! Do you have a portfolio website or a place where we can check out your art? And do you have road you plan to walk bringing you to your goal of becoming that powerful artist. I've always felt that it's one of the hardest life paths to plan ahead in. So I'm really curious about how you go about self improvement and being able to pay the bills. But most of all I hope you share your artwork!

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone! I am actually very excited about posting on here. I recently made the decision to drop out of college and focus all of my energies on being an artist. Most specifically being an actress, spoken word poet, creating public, interactive art that also helps showcase struggling artists who are under the radar and to become an influential activist and advocate for POC and women of all ages to greater their sense of empowerment and togetherness.

I hope that one day, I will become a powerful, female figure for all women of all backgrounds through my art.
Hey @Ssofrito! Welcome to Successful Dropout. :)

@Gerrit brings up many of the things I'm thinking as well. Would love to see some art! And if you don't have an online site (preferably firstlastname.com), then I would highly recommend doing that. It's the new resume. Art is also one of the harder careers to monetize...trust me..I was an aspiring musician for years...I understand the struggle! It doesn't mean it can't be done...this is Successful Dropout, everyone here is doing things that society thinks is crazy to some degree. What it means is that you have to have a clear road map laid out on how you are going to go about accomplishing this.

Curious to hear your thoughts on that! :)