What's new

founding OpenClassroom - the open marketplace for local learning

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, before we get rid of OpenClassroom as a name altogether, I want you guys to see and appreciate the awesome logo that my multi-talented front-end developer & all-round web designer Gerritmade for it (based on a sketch of mine).

View attachment 6

It would have been a great brand identity and I'm so sorry that it will now never reach a large audience. Sad...

Luckily, I know that Gerrit will do just as great of a job with the new name, logo and brand identity. Stay tuned for the reveal :)
Dang dude! This is impressive. But I'm sure the next iteration will be even better!

cvans

Thread starter #43
More bad news on the immigration front. Our i-130 application has been sent to the Nebraska Service Center, which is the worst of the 5 service centers: they have 11 months (!) worth of backlog. This adds another 3-5 months of estimated processing time, which means we most likely won't be able to move to the US until summer 2019... :cry:

Sam

Staff member
More bad news on the immigration front. Our i-130 application has been sent to the Nebraska Service Center, which is the worst of the 5 service centers: they have 11 months (!) worth of backlog. This adds another 3-5 months of estimated processing time, which means we most likely won't be able to move to the US until summer 2019... :cry:
Awh no, that's rough :(

Teliah Gienger

What in the heck? Nebraska? What a terrible place to have a service center....everything moves slower in the middle of the states.

cvans

Thread starter #46
Yeah, it sucks. To think that we might still be here this time next year is really tough.

There is also good news though: today, @Gerrit managed to make yet another awesome logo to fit the new brand identity. I can't wait to show you all.

Our goal is to have the alpha version live by June 4th (my birthday). So if you'd like to be one of the first testers: we are taking names! :cool:

Teliah Gienger

Yeah, it sucks. To think that we might still be here this time next year is really tough.

There is also good news though: today, @Gerrit managed to make yet another awesome logo to fit the new brand identity. I can't wait to show you all.

Our goal is to have the alpha version live by June 4th (my birthday). So if you'd like to be one of the first testers: we are taking names! :cool:
That's awesome!! I seriously can't wait to see it all. Yes, put my name down. I'd love to test it!

What a great birthday present too. :)

Cheers @cvans and @Gerrit! Count me in. :)

cvans

Thread starter #49
@Sahil and @Teliah Gienger , you guys' feedback will be very much appreciated! :)

I want to apologize for the radio silence over the last weeks. Our development team has been and is still working hard to make the alpha release happen on my birthday, coming Monday.

To make it up to you, we hereby want to reveal the new name and logo:

radiusfill.png

Even though it is less descriptive than OpenClassroom; radius does capture what sets us apart from other learning companies online (e.g. Udemy, EdX, Lynda, Skillshare); which is that instead of being behind a computer, by yourself, you're learning things in real life, from/with people close to you (within your radius).

Also, the radius is defined as the shortest distance from the middle of a circle to its perimeter, and I just love that as a metaphor: the quickest path from mediocrity to being on the edge. :cool:

Credits for the beautiful design of the logo and typeface go to @Gerrit
Stay tuned for the release of the alpha version!

Edit: to make it less confusing, I started a new follow along for radius

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
@Sahil and @Teliah Gienger , you guys' feedback will be very much appreciated! :)

I want to apologize for the radio silence over the last weeks. Our development team has been and is still working hard to make the alpha release happen on my birthday, coming Monday.

View attachment 23

Even though it is less descriptive than OpenClassroom; radius does capture what sets us apart from other learning companies online (e.g. Udemy, EdX, Lynda, Skillshare); which is that instead of being behind a computer, by yourself, you're learning things in real life, from/with people close to you (within your radius).

Also, the radius is defined as the shortest distance from the middle of a circle to its perimeter, and I just love that as a metaphor: the quickest path from mediocrity to being on the edge. :cool:

This is soooo cool! Love it :D

Teliah Gienger

View attachment 23

I LOVE THIS!! I'm so stoked to get into it more. :) We have like a 4 hour drive tomorrow and I'm going to open that email you sent me! WHOOOO!