What's new

Finding Guests for Podcast

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hey man!

Giving yourself a head start and keeping that margin after you launch is definitely a good idea.

Honestly, I know a lot of podcasters and I've never once heard that they've had an issue finding guests...no matter the subject of the podcast. I think this is because when you get started...well...now your content is out there. It's public and people can see it and listen to it. This helps you get guests because when you ask them to be on your show, they can see it's real and that it exists...instead of when you are just starting out and it's more hypothetical. Also, when you start to gain some listeners and especially if you can chat with your listeners, they will recommend and introduce you to more people that you can interview. Plus if you have a 20 episode margin, that gives you PLENTY of time to keep getting guests in the queue. Just make a commitment to focus on reaching out to potential guests for 30 minutes every day or so.

Long story short, I don't think this will be an issue at all as long as you keep applying yourself. I wouldn't worry about it. Just get it started man!

Worst case scenario (and I've done this before) if you literally do run out of guests say quite awhile after you've started and you need some content for that week or month...just upload an old episode. Chances are many in your audience started listening later and didn't hear early episodes. OR you can just do solo episode with just you. I've done that too. haha

Thread starter #3
I've considered a solo, and that's an idea I'm going to write out in detail. My idea for interviews is to ask a few general questions and have a free discussion.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
I like it. Honestly man, at the end of the day just don't overthink it! You'll have to get started before you feel like it's perfect. :) Can't wait for it to come out! Reach out to me whenever, happy to give input.

Thread starter #5
Thanks. I'm excited. My mic just came in today. I can't seem to find ecamm for pc, but I'll figure something out. I'll be going to get mobile Hotspot next month so I can manage while being away from home.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member