What's new

Exciting news

Thread starter #21
THIS IS AMAZING! WELL DONE!!
Thank you! This process has been an eye opening experience, that's for sure! Now it drives me up the wall to hear people talk about being broke while they go out to eat all the time or buy stuff they don't need. Lol guess I'll have to ignore it or brag that I'm debt free. That's kinda mean I guess.

Thread starter #22
Gifts are overrated, I much prefer taking people to do things. Offering them an interesting roadtrip or a nice home-cooked meal
You are %100 right! I had that idea before but just for my kids and I don't think we actually planned anything special cause we couldn't think of anything that wouldn't cost a ton of money or we didn't have much of an imagination. I have Mark Kay inventory that I give to my sister's and step mom cause I'd rather not hang out with them honestly lol. All they do is talk about people and complain. My baby sister is cool tho.
Good thinking tho I'm going to do that with some of my family.

Thread starter #24
Hey guys! I been having a rough time for bit. Still waiting to hear something about the job I applied for, it's been a couple months and I don't think anyone has been interviewed. So far as I know I'm the only one. Staff is in short supply and there's tons of work so I try not to sweat it much.
I'm already making good strides for next years march of dimes campaign but trying to focus on studying for the real estate exam. I actually wrote down a goal and told my husband so he can help me be accountable.
The rough part of all if this is tapering off the antidepressants I been on for about 10 years. This is really hard but knowing the power of positive thinking, helps a little. I'll be on this road for a month or 2.

Teliah Gienger

Hey guys! I been having a rough time for bit. Still waiting to hear something about the job I applied for, it's been a couple months and I don't think anyone has been interviewed. So far as I know I'm the only one. Staff is in short supply and there's tons of work so I try not to sweat it much.
I'm already making good strides for next years march of dimes campaign but trying to focus on studying for the real estate exam. I actually wrote down a goal and told my husband so he can help me be accountable.
The rough part of all if this is tapering off the antidepressants I been on for about 10 years. This is really hard but knowing the power of positive thinking, helps a little. I'll be on this road for a month or 2.
Hey Rachel! Have you reached out to them again? I always figure it doesn't hurt to follow up on where they are in their hiring process. ;) Plus it shows you're motivated and really interested in the position. :)

Great job continuing to grind on getting your real estate license! That's a big deal! I'm glad you wrote down a goal and have an accountability partner. ;)

As far as the tapering off antidepressants. I can't personally talk to that, but I can imagine it being really hard and really scary. You have a support system and the power of your mind. :) Keep us updated. :)

Sam

Staff member
Keep us updated! Some seriously courageous steps you're taking, well done :) we've got your back too

Thread starter #27
Teliah
I reached out the very next day of reading your reply. The job didnt work out but if I keep working on some of the key skills and get proficient or maybe aquire knowledge on a expert level and if I still wanted a position later, to reapply. Mind you he's talking about using MS Word! I can do some pretty good photo editing and manipulation in Photoshop, by comparison I was pretty insulted and irritated. Rob, the current tech writer. He told me what I would need to learn to do their test, which is some indepth formatting that average people doesn't seem to know in the plant but he used all the time. I researched online and made some genric samples for practice and get Rob's feedback for a couple weeks during any free time I could squeeze out of my day and during my breaks and lunch. I was able to do everything on the list for the test but it took me longer than desired. I was fumbling and a few things was brand new to me plus his computer was a little different set up than what I had on the floor and that tripped me up. If I had a week or 2 of using that stuff all day I would had it down pretty fast.

I have been feeling so horriable going off that antidepressant. I havnt been able to focus or do much of anything most the time. Its been pure hell, simply put. My husband has been supportive and my supervisor knows whats going on and he's been really understanding and flexible. Its been a real blessing.
Sam, thank you! That really means a lot me :cry:

Thread starter #28
When I thought it couldn't get worse, I find out after a check up that I also need to go off my medication for narcolepsy a week before I retake my sleep study and just happened that the earliest available is August 24th or have to wait till Oct. That left me with going off the medication cold turkey. I spent Friday sleeping most the day and today I slept all morning. Felt weak and sluggish the rest of the day and taking a shower wore me out. I have the week off work and when I leave my sleep study saturday, this should all be over. Not particularly sure I want to go back to depending on medication for depression tho.

Sam

Staff member
When I thought it couldn't get worse, I find out after a check up that I also need to go off my medication for narcolepsy a week before I retake my sleep study and just happened that the earliest available is August 24th or have to wait till Oct. That left me with going off the medication cold turkey. I spent Friday sleeping most the day and today I slept all morning. Felt weak and sluggish the rest of the day and taking a shower wore me out. I have the week off work and when I leave my sleep study saturday, this should all be over. Not particularly sure I want to go back to depending on medication for depression tho.
That must be really difficult for you Rachel, really good that you have the time off work through the transition of medication. Take things a little at a time, you're doing a really good job just making it to the next day intact! Keep us updated on how you're doing, we care about you <3

Gerrit

@Rachel I've been overloaded a bit so I missed your recent messages. It does seem like you have a lot on your plate. You have battles to fight that need to take all of your energy. Drugs like that will take their toll on you and create dependency. I know to little about you to advise you on whether or not to go back to the anti-depressive drugs. But maybe you could talk with your husband and the person who prescribed you the drugs if you can do (a trial period) without. Whatever you decide please keep sharing and I will pray for you if you're okay with that.

On the subject of the job. I think you're already doing great focusing your energy and time on improving your writing with Rob. Keep that up once you have the energy again.
Writing can be cathartic too so you could use (non-technical) writing to write about your life and get rid of/change the things that are holding you back or draining your energy.
Also dare to plan. Write out what you want to achieve, in personal and professional life.

You can do this!

Thread starter #31
@Rachel I've been overloaded a bit so I missed your recent messages. It does seem like you have a lot on your plate. You have battles to fight that need to take all of your energy. Drugs like that will take their toll on you and create dependency. I know to little about you to advise you on whether or not to go back to the anti-depressive drugs. But maybe you could talk with your husband and the person who prescribed you the drugs if you can do (a trial period) without. Whatever you decide please keep sharing and I will pray for you if you're okay with that.

On the subject of the job. I think you're already doing great focusing your energy and time on improving your writing with Rob. Keep that up once you have the energy again.
Writing can be cathartic too so you could use (non-technical) writing to write about your life and get rid of/change the things that are holding you back or draining your energy.
Also dare to plan. Write out what you want to achieve, in personal and professional life.

You can do this!
Thanks Gerrit!
I don't mind any advice even if you don't know me at all. A lot of times an outside perspective is really good.
So I didn't refill my anti depressants before my sleep study and from some reading and other podcast about the effects I decided not to go back on anything except my narcolepsy meds. I went through all that torture to get off the antidepressants, I figure this is the best time to see how I will do. So far, first thing after the nurse took all the wires off my head at the sleep study I started back on my narcolepsy meds and within 30 mins I felt so much better. I spent 3 or 4 hours shopping at the craft store and home goods right after. ( I spend hours shopping cause I can't decide if I should/what to buy and trying to find discounts)
It's been just about a month and I have felt like I did before. It was like a switch flipped or my body did a reset from going off the narcolepsy meds cold turkey and starting back. Unfortunately my life is very stressful at work and at home but I havnt had any unusual outburst of anger, just normal ones. Lol
If you have ever read astrology and personality of your sign, I'm an Aries. Fire sign and I'm definitely hot tempered and too outspoken often times. My husband is worse, and as bad as a mule. Difference is that I been working on myself since I was 25, he doesn't think anything is wrong with him and has a narrow point of view on life.
I am so busy I barely can get online and now I have my 2yr old son on my lap trying to get all of my attention lol gotta go for now