What's new

Exciting news

Thread starter #1
I have been a team captain for the company March of dimes fundraiser for a couple years. A few days ago I was asked by the director from March of dimes if I would be a photographer for the walk event! They have another photographer as well but 2 would be better. They use the picture's to make phaphlets they send to their sponsors. They tell a story using pictures. I will get a list of stuff they want photographed. It's volunteer but it's a new experience and exposure. Only problem is it usually rains that day.

Teliah Gienger

I have been a team captain for the company March of dimes fundraiser for a couple years. A few days ago I was asked by the director from March of dimes if I would be a photographer for the walk event! They have another photographer as well but 2 would be better. They use the picture's to make phaphlets they send to their sponsors. They tell a story using pictures. I will get a list of stuff they want photographed. It's volunteer but it's a new experience and exposure. Only problem is it usually rains that day.
That's great! Yea, like Gerrit said, it's a great experience no matter what. Plus, you put yourself out there in that capacity...chances are, it will keep happening. :)

Thread starter #7
Well y'all it rained that day but I was prepared!
Some things I learned
  • My 55mm lens is slightly out of focus. It needs calibrated and my camera cleaned.
  • I finally had a ah-ha moment while shooting in manual mode and understand how to use my settings better.
  • I need to learn how to shoot in rain weather.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well y'all it rained that day but I was prepared!
Some things I learned
  • My 55mm lens is slightly out of focus. It needs calibrated and my camera cleaned.
  • I finally had a ah-ha moment while shooting in manual mode and understand how to use my settings better.
  • I need to learn how to shoot in rain weather.
Haha yes! Love it. That's the process. Take action, review, adjust/implement changes, go again!

Thread starter #12
I have exercised my creative problem solving skills on a daily basis the last few months it seems like! My computer software has become very outdated since the last system update and I had to delete Microsoft office completely. I have really needed it right now to help me get that promotion I want. I been shopping around for new office software and prices ranged all over from $50 to $299 ? so I ask the IT dept at work about borrowing a laptop now they have the new windows and off office 2016 and he tells me I can buy it for $10!!!??? they have subscriptions for the entire corporation and employees can get a special deal for a one time purchase and download office 2016 on our home computer and account for $10! ?? I'm way too excited about it! Lol the stuff you find out unexpectedly when you go around and ask a lot of people questions. On the other hand you find out how disconnected or maybe just dumb we all are in that damn warehouse.
And then my most exciting news.....
c165d9ade768214be5d7462ed987e182.jpg

Gerrit

Yay!! Congratulations ??? that is awesome news! This is a great point from which you can start building further! Also that discount it perfect.
If ever you to write anything you can always use google docs for free as well.
But man great news!

Sam

Staff member
I have exercised my creative problem solving skills on a daily basis the last few months it seems like! My computer software has become very outdated since the last system update and I had to delete Microsoft office completely. I have really needed it right now to help me get that promotion I want. I been shopping around for new office software and prices ranged all over from $50 to $299 ? so I ask the IT dept at work about borrowing a laptop now they have the new windows and off office 2016 and he tells me I can buy it for $10!!!??? they have subscriptions for the entire corporation and employees can get a special deal for a one time purchase and download office 2016 on our home computer and account for $10! ?? I'm way too excited about it! Lol the stuff you find out unexpectedly when you go around and ask a lot of people questions. On the other hand you find out how disconnected or maybe just dumb we all are in that damn warehouse.
View attachment 28
Nice one!!!!! :D Hope to join you there by the end of the year #debtfreemindset

Thread starter #15
Yay!! Congratulations ??? that is awesome news! This is a great point from which you can start building further! Also that discount it perfect.
If ever you to write anything you can always use google docs for free as well.
But man great news!
Thank you! ? I looked into Google docs but I needed office to learn some specific things that I would need for that new job position I want. I know the other guy in that department and he told me things that would really help me when I take their "test" to see how well and efficient I am in word cause it's what most of the work is in. Just having office and learning it beyond the real basic stuff will help me a lot for work. Even if I go full time into real estate so I'm just over excited about having it now and for that price lol

Thread starter #16
Nice one!!!!! :D Hope to join you there by the end of the year #debtfreemindset
Thanks! It's definitely a surreal moment. And when we announce to our families that we are debt free and they see how it changes our life, its going to be pretty sweet to see how they act. They haven't been all that supportive and there was a big fight last Christmas where some of them tried to gang up on me because we don't buy gifts for everyone. They tried to pull some real messed up crap and backed me in a corner.

Thread starter #18
Oh my gosh!! Congratulations! Yes...the goal for us is by the end of the year too! #bedebtfree
Thank you!! It's still sinking in, we haven't told that many people yet. I been trying to think of a way to celebrate. I drew a big "We are debt free" on our glass patio door and thought about making a couple t-shirts to brag lol so far my celebrating has been browsing Wal-Mart or staples and bought myself some color gel pens lol it killed me to pay $17 for a pack of pens too lol it's ingrained in me now to not blow money on things I don't need. I'm not sure I will ever be able to allow myself to pay for a new pair of jeans when I can find almost new at goodwill.

Sam

Staff member
Thanks! It's definitely a surreal moment. And when we announce to our families that we are debt free and they see how it changes our life, its going to be pretty sweet to see how they act. They haven't been all that supportive and there was a big fight last Christmas where some of them tried to gang up on me because we don't buy gifts for everyone. They tried to pull some real messed up crap and backed me in a corner.
Gifts are overrated, I much prefer taking people to do things. Offering them an interesting roadtrip or a nice home-cooked meal

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 28
THIS IS AMAZING! WELL DONE!!