What's new

Entrepreneur Path

cvans

Hey Sam, I just wanted to drop by and say I really like your videos. Unfortunately, I am not often able to watch them, because I'm usually in an environment where silence is required (work or newborn baby sleeping), but when I do, I watch 10 of them back to back. So I'm really behind, but I like what you're doing. Keep it up! :)

Sam

Staff member
Thread starter #102
Hey Sam, I just wanted to drop by and say I really like your videos. Unfortunately, I am not often able to watch them, because I'm usually in an environment where silence is required (work or newborn baby sleeping), but when I do, I watch 10 of them back to back. So I'm really behind, but I like what you're doing. Keep it up! :)
That's so encouraging man! Thanks so much, I appreciate every single view - I'm so glad you're enjoying them :) you gonna be on tonight's call?

Teliah Gienger

Still love these. :) I think I overheard Kylon listening to the comedian one...I need to listen to that one. :) Also, so stoked about our call and potentially meeting up!

Sam

Staff member
Thread starter #104
Still love these. :) I think I overheard Kylon listening to the comedian one...I need to listen to that one. :) Also, so stoked about our call and potentially meeting up!
Really appreciate that Te! I really enjoyed that one, Sanjeev has some awesome insight into how the creative arts are changing.

Yessssss!!!!!!! If things work out this might just happen :D So excited

cvans

By the way, I'm just going through all the videos of yours that I haven't seen yet and giving them likes as I go. I really love your videos, man, they're really well done. Very authentic and real. Also, it looks like you're doing it without much effort, and still you keep it interesting. Very nice.

I'm pretty inspired, actually. I would love to keep a video log like this, myself, but frankly I don't think I'm photogenic enough :LOL:

Sam

Staff member
Thread starter #110
By the way, I'm just going through all the videos of yours that I haven't seen yet and giving them likes as I go. I really love your videos, man, they're really well done. Very authentic and real. Also, it looks like you're doing it without much effort, and still you keep it interesting. Very nice.

I'm pretty inspired, actually. I would love to keep a video log like this, myself, but frankly I don't think I'm photogenic enough :LOL:
@cvans I really appreciate that! I do work fairly hard on them, especially the most recent ones so that means a lot :)

Glad you can take stuff from it, you should totally try it yourself! You can't worry too much about how you might be perceived when doing this. I encourage you to try, it'll really build your confidence! You have a lot to offer :)

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member

Same! haha you've inspired me to consider doing vlogs as well but I just don't think I would have the time to edit and post something extra right now

Sam

Staff member
Thread starter #112
Same! haha you've inspired me to consider doing vlogs as well but I just don't think I would have the time to edit and post something extra right now
Don't bother editing it at first. Doesn't have to be perfect at all - that can come later. You can also hire people who are good at editing if you don't have the time yourself

cvans

I've actually started to look a little more seriously into the vlogging scene, but I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the equipment people seem to use. What setup do you use, as far as equipment goes? Did you spend a lot of money on external microphones and lenses, for example? What would you recommend?

Sam

Staff member
Thread starter #117
I've actually started to look a little more seriously into the vlogging scene, but I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the equipment people seem to use. What setup do you use, as far as equipment goes? Did you spend a lot of money on external microphones and lenses, for example? What would you recommend?
I still use my phone and free editing software unless I get to borrow someone else's equipment like in Logs 39/40.

I built a new PC rig to keep up with the editing though!

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
Thread starter #119
Entrepreneur Path (Log 42) - Don't Complain | Exercise Gratitude

Had really bad sunburn on vacation which left me confined to my hotel room for 3 days. Took advantage of the situation and got a little pre-emptive work done. I also spent a lot of time meditating and experienced some incredible mental breakthroughs which helped me handle the pain very effectively. This is that story!