What's new

Emily Figures Shit Out - The Honest (and bumpy) Journey of a Self Taught Marketer

Thread starter #1
I’ve tried learning about marketing in the past. I found that it’s really difficult to pin down what to learn, when, and how all of the pieces fit together. By far, this uncertainty is the most difficult obstacle to overcome. Maybe some of you run into the same problem.

Why teach myself marketing?

I want to make regenerative land management the most widely used farming practice in the United States.

Since my junior year of high school, I’ve been fascinated by the world of regenerative land management. It’s a multi-faceted and complex science that focuses on how we can work with nature to grow our crops, rather than against it. There are countless cascading ways that it can help people, and it could potentially change the world.

There’s one problem, though.

Nobody knows about it. Right now, the knowledge is effectively locked away. In order for these practices to change the world, people need to know about it. They need to understand it, and they need to use it.

So, despite...
  • No college degree
  • No prior experience
  • Not having a damn clue what I’m doing...
I’m teaching myself marketing, and inviting you to see how I tackle it. I hope you find this experience helpful as you tackle your own projects.

If you give me your email address, I'll send you semi-regular email updates to show you what I'm learning and to give you tips you'll actually use. Go here: www.emilycozzens.com

What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced in your self-taught adventures?

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
I like it! I admit I don't really know much about regenerative land management either...but I love nature.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
You should def consider starting a Follow Along thread in the forum so we can follow your journey. You can post your goals and updates there as well as all your findings on marketing. :)