What's new

Anyone down for a SD Mentor Program??

Thread starter #1
Hey SD fam!!! Happy mid-week!
I started thinking about ways to help with my current project and obviously all of you awesome ppl always come to mind. But I wondered what it would be like to have some sort of SD mentor program? I know that I personally really enjoy working 1-on-1, collaborating with others, bouncing around ideas, etc. It helps me get out of my head and gain perspective.
Some of you may already do that or offer it as a service. If so, please comment! I’m interested in working with someone! Or if anyone is feelin this idea, let me know your thoughts

but seriously though....if you're up for working with me, hit me up. I'm quite a novice when it comes to entrepreneurship/product creation, but I'm eager to learn more!

Sam

Staff member
Hey! This is a great space to be involved in as an entrepreneur. Even based off personal experience, I've got quite a few business and spiritual mentors. Incredible to have that support and wisdom on hand. I mentee a few younger guys myself and it's such a reward to seeing people grow. I've been considering offering it as service maybe for graduates or folks not wanting to go to college/university to help them find their direction.

Would be great to see something similar flourish on SD, I'd be interested in helping develop this. What do you think @Kylon? I've also been meaning to chat to you again about the possibility of building an accountability function into the forum

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
^^^^^ I am so here for this. I think a lot of people could benefit from this! Me, included. (I need a mentor in my life)
Also @Sam I just watched a few of your videos from your 30 day Habit Tracking thread and I was so impressed! That's a lot of dedication and it's awesome. Love it.

Sam

Staff member
^^^^^ I am so here for this. I think a lot of people could benefit from this! Me, included. (I need a mentor in my life)
Also @Sam I just watched a few of your videos from your 30 day Habit Tracking thread and I was so impressed! That's a lot of dedication and it's awesome. Love it.
Hopefully there are some folks kicking around here that you can connect up with.

Thanks so much! Worked pretty hard to keep them up, think they improved pretty quickly. Looking forward to doing them weekly now!

Gerrit

I love this idea. I think it could be great. I’ve looked into mentors for my programming development but it’s pretty expensive. Which is logical but I just can’t fit it in my budget yet. I wonder how you guys see this work on the forum

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hey SD fam!!! Happy mid-week!
I started thinking about ways to help with my current project and obviously all of you awesome ppl always come to mind. But I wondered what it would be like to have some sort of SD mentor program? I know that I personally really enjoy working 1-on-1, collaborating with others, bouncing around ideas, etc. It helps me get out of my head and gain perspective.
Some of you may already do that or offer it as a service. If so, please comment! I’m interested in working with someone! Or if anyone is feelin this idea, let me know your thoughts

but seriously though....if you're up for working with me, hit me up. I'm quite a novice when it comes to entrepreneurship/product creation, but I'm eager to learn more!
So I think this is a fantastic idea.

Let's brainstorm on it more here.

And @Sam would love to hear your ideas on this.

First we can decided if this would be a mentorship program...which would be pairing someone who is not as far along in a journey with someone who has "been there, done that".

Or we could create more of a mastermind scenario. Where you would meet with smaller groups of no more than 4 or 5 people who are at various stages of a journey...but not so far apart that they can't relate to one another or equally provide value to one another. This can be a very powerful thing. I was apart of a mastermind of 4-5 people for years. We were all business owners, but everyone was at different stages of the journey, from just starting to owning 7-figure companies.

Personally I think the mastermind direction would be easiest to start with. But would love to hear other ideas.

We would need to find a way to pair people off, and they could schedule a regular time to meet every week via Zoom or Skype or Google Hangouts. We could post a basic system and some rules of conduct etc here in the forum that are universal for all groups. Ultimately we could split the entire community up into several different mastermind groups.

Just typing as I think.

Thoughts?

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah seriously, Sam is the man! Consistency and persistence is rare these days but this guys got it!

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
So thought about it more. As a suggestion, this is what we could lay out.

I can create a whole new section in the forum called "SD Mastermind Groups" or something.

Inside we can create a pinned post that outlines the basics of what it is, how it operates, and some basic suggested guidelines.

Then similar to the Follow Along forum, we could start individual threads, and each thread would represent a single mastermind group consisting of something like no more than 5 people. So for instance could start a thread call "Go-getters mastermind" and it's members could be @Sam @april-mclaurin and @Gerrit. The starting post could outline the things specific to this group (when you meet, how you meet, what you discuss, purpose of this mastermind etc).

That thread would be only for your group. You could communicate in it throughout the week or month and then on a regular basis meet for live chats.

I also have ideas on how these live chats would go. They would include holding each other accountable to set goals (these could also be outlined in the starting post, again similar to the follow along forum), each person would share what's been going on in their business or endeavor since we last met and the rest would collaborate on ways to help them continue to succeed and reach their goals...then onto the next person and the next. Live chats wouldn't need to last longer than an hour or so this way. Or could be longer depending on what the group decides.

This could be repeated over and over again. Could have a whole "SD Mastermind Groups" forum with several threads each representing different ongoing mastermind groups of 5 or less people.

There may even be a way to make these threads completely private so that only the 5 members of that group could access the content.

Anyways, that's my idea. But curious of course to hear others if you have them or suggestions on this one! :)

Sam

Staff member
So thought about it more. As a suggestion, this is what we could lay out.

I can create a whole new section in the forum called "SD Mastermind Groups" or something.

Inside we can create a pinned post that outlines the basics of what it is, how it operates, and some basic suggested guidelines.

Then similar to the Follow Along forum, we could start individual threads, and each thread would represent a single mastermind group consisting of something like no more than 5 people. So for instance could start a thread call "Go-getters mastermind" and it's members could be @Sam @april-mclaurin and @Gerrit. The starting post could outline the things specific to this group (when you meet, how you meet, what you discuss, purpose of this mastermind etc).

That thread would be only for your group. You could communicate in it throughout the week or month and then on a regular basis meet for live chats.

I also have ideas on how these live chats would go. They would include holding each other accountable to set goals (these could also be outlined in the starting post, again similar to the follow along forum), each person would share what's been going on in their business or endeavor since we last met and the rest would collaborate on ways to help them continue to succeed and reach their goals...then onto the next person and the next. Live chats wouldn't need to last longer than an hour or so this way. Or could be longer depending on what the group decides.

This could be repeated over and over again. Could have a whole "SD Mastermind Groups" forum with several threads each representing different ongoing mastermind groups of 5 or less people.

There may even be a way to make these threads completely private so that only the 5 members of that group could access the content.

Anyways, that's my idea. But curious of course to hear others if you have them or suggestions on this one! :)
Sorry for my delay in replying to this thread guys!

Creating small masterminds would be a great starting point. In terms of mentorship, mastermind members will get to know each other well enough to be able to recommend matches to potential mentees.