Hayden dropped out of high school at the age of 17 and started his own web design business. For the next several years he would go on to succeed and fail in both online and offline business ventures until 2011 when he discovered niche sites. In under a year, he built over 3000 websites and became an expert in the niche site industry.
In the summer of 2012, he started a blog which would eventually morph into NoHatDigital. The mission of NoHatDigital is to create opportunities for people to earn a full time remote online income and to give them an opportunity to live and work with their peers, building a community of like-minded online entrepreneurs.
He also recently launched a new venture called WiredInvestors which buys online businesses with unrealized potential, and maximizes their value.
Time Stamped Notes
- 00:12 – Kylon’s Intro
- 00:40 – Hayden Miyamoto intro & bio
- 02:35 – Capitalizes on company’s areas of opportunity
- 03:35 – Hayden explains his location in Mexico
- 05:05 – The story from the beginning
- 06:37 – Why Hayden dropped out of high school
- 08:15 – Started off with business plans & web design
- 10:40 – Budgeting for success after dropping out
- 12:15 – Hard work
- 14:05 – Dealing with skepticism
- 15:00 – Working with Non-Profits
- 16:00 – Examining Hayden’s work with niche sites
- 18:40 – From niche sites to buying businesses
- 20:23 – How Hayden generates revenue
- 23:27 – Finding your niche (loophole)
- 26:41 – Hayden shares his worst entrepreneurial experience
- 29:30 – AHA! moment
- 31:45 – Lessons learned
- 33:27 – Contributions to Hayden’s own personal success
- 34:00 – What is success?
- 35:10 – An essential quality of an entrepreneur
- 36:15 – Recommended resources
- 36:50 – Importance of Systems
- 37:44 – Internet resources
- 38:15 – Hayden’s final advice for potential dropouts
3 Key Points
- Come to a conclusion about your current state of learning didactics, and decide based on your ability to learn whether college or University will really benefit you enough to stick it out
- Be consistent with your system, and master it, without becoming distracted by vague opportunities
- Find your niche. Find a loophole in a specific environment and run with it. Entrepreneurial success is accompanied by hard work and persistence
NoHatDigital – Hayden’s online marketing business
Wired Investors – Hayden’s Web Properties investment company
Work the System by Sam Carpenter
The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
Sapiens by Yuval Harari
“Systems for Success” – program developed by Kylon’s dad in the 90’s
Evernote – An online note-taking device
OneNote – A Microsoft note-taking software
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.