What's new

Te's 2018 Goals :)

Gerrit

Glasgow summers can be awesome, but I think I won't be able to live here longer term because the winters really do get me down
Where would you move? Anywhere actually sunny or just further south on that island of your 😄?

Gerrit

Haha! I think I need a stretch in the States (Cali is calling) but could also see some time in India, Germany or South Africa being a possibility
If you just want to try living outside of your country for the experience, lots of Americans and British people I know move to Prague or anywhere in Asia to teach English. Kate (my fiancée) was doing that when I met her in church in Prague.
It also teaches you a lot about getting clients and maintaining them. How to be efficient with your time etc.
If you would ever really want to pursue something like that I know plenty people in Prague and a few all over Asia that do this.

Sam

Staff member
If you just want to try living outside of your country for the experience, lots of Americans and British people I know move to Prague or anywhere in Asia to teach English. Kate (my fiancée) was doing that when I met her in church in Prague.
It also teaches you a lot about getting clients and maintaining them. How to be efficient with your time etc.
If you would ever really want to pursue something like that I know plenty people in Prague and a few all over Asia that do this.
I actually grew up in Central Asia and have spent a few weeks in Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Romania and India over the last few years. So I'm well and truly comfortable outside my culture and I want to pick and choose over the next few years when finances allow 😁

Gerrit

I actually grew up in Central Asia and have spent a few weeks in Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Romania and India over the last few years. So I'm well and truly comfortable outside my culture and I want to pick and choose over the next few years when finances allow 😁
O wow 😮 that sounds awesome man. A lifetime of adventures.

Gerrit

@Gerrit What would you say is the best way of traveling around Italy? Car or Train? I can't remember if you had told me this before. :)
That depends on what you want to see and where you are staying. If you mostly will be in the cities, take the train. If you only want to see the countryside rent a car. If you just want a few hikes in the middle of a mostly train dominated trip you can always rent a car for those parts.
It really depends on what you want to do. I've done both and loved both.
Last time I flew into Pisa from Rotterdam and it was great to just take the train from there to the beach town (Viareggio) and then take the train from there to Florance to meet up with Kate her friends there. From Florance we also took a bus to Sienna. It was a very adventurous vacation and I would also recommend anyone who mostly wants to see cities to do it like that. But you do have to carry all your stuff and can't leave things in the car.
If you plan anything further south than Rome, take the train. The drivers are mad down there.

Teliah Gienger

Thread starter #33
That depends on what you want to see and where you are staying. If you mostly will be in the cities, take the train. If you only want to see the countryside rent a car. If you just want a few hikes in the middle of a mostly train dominated trip you can always rent a car for those parts.
It really depends on what you want to do. I've done both and loved both.
Last time I flew into Pisa from Rotterdam and it was great to just take the train from there to the beach town (Viareggio) and then take the train from there to Florance to meet up with Kate her friends there. From Florance we also took a bus to Sienna. It was a very adventurous vacation and I would also recommend anyone who mostly wants to see cities to do it like that. But you do have to carry all your stuff and can't leave things in the car.
If you plan anything further south than Rome, take the train. The drivers are mad down there.
Good thoughts! :) Thank you so much!

Teliah Gienger

Thread starter #34
I guess I should give an update! :)

• Hire a manager for Renu
    • We have a manager and she's kickass! She loves making systems and loves implementing them. Absolutely love her!
  • Finalize all Renu systems by September 2018
    • We are working on these, but we are working with a business coach for NUYU and I honestly want to work with him for the studio as well. I've just learned so much and want to implement it in the best way possible for all businesses I'm in charge of. It just shows and proves that having a mentor or a coach is very helpful.
  • Go to Italy/Spain in July 2018 for a month
    • WE LEAVE ON JULY 11th!! SUPER STOKED!
  • Be hosting/co-hosting 4-6 retreats or teacher trainings this year
    • Holy smokes. I have led or helped teach at 1 retreat and 4 Teacher Trainings so far this year. I was going to call it good after the one I'm in right now, but I have decided to add another in October which I'm so excited about. I have already had 3 people reach out before I had dates set. haha
  • Use money from TT and crypto gains to pay off school loan debt by December 2018
    • I have put all money that I have earned from these trainings so far towards school debt which feels good to pay it down but sucks at the same time to see it leave so quickly. But, that was the motivation behind another training too!
  • Te lose 20 more lbs by eating clean, counting calories and working out at High Intensity Levels every day for at least 45-60 min by Sept 2018
    • I have been keeping up with my workouts, eating clean and have lost a little over 5lbs since I last posted this I believe.
  • Open a second location of NUYU Juice Bar by August 2018
    • This is probably not likely this year. We are still looking for a building but nothing has jumped out at us. Also, we have started working with our business coach and holy cow. Our lives have taken a turn for the best. There is a lot of work ahead of us and we just finished a 7 hour coaching call yesterday so it seems a little overwhelming, but we're going to be better for it.
  • Conduct Renu School of Yoga first TT June-September with at least 5 participants
    • We are in the middle of this training right now and we have 6 participants!!
  • Master pincha(a yoga posture)
    • Still working on it. :)
  • Gienger Properties purchase a fixer upper 4 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass
    • We haven't found anything yet
  • Acquire 1 rental property with Gienger Properties
    • Nothing in this department either

Overall, as we're halfway through the year, I'm honestly feeling pretty good about these goals. :)

Gerrit

It's looking good!! Excited for you. It looks like you're going to make most of it happen! Also what have you planned for your Italy/Spain trip? Where will you go? How long will you be there? Also in Italy you need to know only one sentence: "andare a ballare". Enjoy!!

Sam

Staff member
I guess I should give an update! :)

• Hire a manager for Renu
    • We have a manager and she's kickass! She loves making systems and loves implementing them. Absolutely love her!
  • Finalize all Renu systems by September 2018
    • We are working on these, but we are working with a business coach for NUYU and I honestly want to work with him for the studio as well. I've just learned so much and want to implement it in the best way possible for all businesses I'm in charge of. It just shows and proves that having a mentor or a coach is very helpful.
  • Go to Italy/Spain in July 2018 for a month
    • WE LEAVE ON JULY 11th!! SUPER STOKED!
  • Be hosting/co-hosting 4-6 retreats or teacher trainings this year
    • Holy smokes. I have led or helped teach at 1 retreat and 4 Teacher Trainings so far this year. I was going to call it good after the one I'm in right now, but I have decided to add another in October which I'm so excited about. I have already had 3 people reach out before I had dates set. haha
  • Use money from TT and crypto gains to pay off school loan debt by December 2018
    • I have put all money that I have earned from these trainings so far towards school debt which feels good to pay it down but sucks at the same time to see it leave so quickly. But, that was the motivation behind another training too!
  • Te lose 20 more lbs by eating clean, counting calories and working out at High Intensity Levels every day for at least 45-60 min by Sept 2018
    • I have been keeping up with my workouts, eating clean and have lost a little over 5lbs since I last posted this I believe.
  • Open a second location of NUYU Juice Bar by August 2018
    • This is probably not likely this year. We are still looking for a building but nothing has jumped out at us. Also, we have started working with our business coach and holy cow. Our lives have taken a turn for the best. There is a lot of work ahead of us and we just finished a 7 hour coaching call yesterday so it seems a little overwhelming, but we're going to be better for it.
  • Conduct Renu School of Yoga first TT June-September with at least 5 participants
    • We are in the middle of this training right now and we have 6 participants!!
  • Master pincha(a yoga posture)
    • Still working on it. :)
  • Gienger Properties purchase a fixer upper 4 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass
    • We haven't found anything yet
  • Acquire 1 rental property with Gienger Properties
    • Nothing in this department either

Overall, as we're halfway through the year, I'm honestly feeling pretty good about these goals. :)
Awesome progress!