What's new

? Remote Learners Club is Live! ?

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Corné! Yes, I did make it in 2 months (I used what Kylon likes to call, learning just-in-time)! But for me, coding was not the hardest part. The project is live, but I actually lack the necessary skills to get it to take off and make it a vibrant community. Which again, I'm in the process of learning. I would like to hear your and Kylon's thoughts on how to make it work.
Hey man, would love to give some input where I can.

Have you considered starting a FB group around this? Sometimes the best thing to do in order to generate traction on a more private platform is to generate traction on very public platform first...case in point, SD. :)

I also agree with @Sam and I think @Gerrit mentioned it too...that you could expand your target audience to remote freelancers and workers as well. Think about it...the reason people learn in general is to assist in whatever work they are deciding to do, so I think you could easily expand your target demographic to remote freelancers, employees, business owners etc. Normally I would suggest keeping it pretty niche...but in this case I would think you are safe to expand it a bit at the onset...and honestly it's still pretty niche even at that point.

Once you start generating more traction and users, would love to chat about how SD can collaborate with what you are building. It takes time too, so don't get frustrated. I released podcast episodes for nine months straight before people actually started to listen! haha good times.

Thread starter #24
Hey man, would love to give some input where I can.

Have you considered starting a FB group around this? Sometimes the best thing to do in order to generate traction on a more private platform is to generate traction on very public platform first...case in point, SD. :)

I also agree with @Sam and I think @Gerrit mentioned it too...that you could expand your target audience to remote freelancers and workers as well. Think about it...the reason people learn in general is to assist in whatever work they are deciding to do, so I think you could easily expand your target demographic to remote freelancers, employees, business owners etc. Normally I would suggest keeping it pretty niche...but in this case I would think you are safe to expand it a bit at the onset...and honestly it's still pretty niche even at that point.

Once you start generating more traction and users, would love to chat about how SD can collaborate with what you are building. It takes time too, so don't get frustrated. I released podcast episodes for nine months straight before people actually started to listen! haha good times.
I didn't consider at first starting a FB group but it seems I should now. Yes, SD has seen more traction because of the group. In fact, I first found out the group then the podcast. So that said, I am starting a Remote Learners group!
Yes, definitely now I'm considering remote freelancers and workers as target audience too. Also, thanks to @Sam for mentioning reddit, I found out many subreddits on online learning and self-learning with threads of users addressing the same issue I am trying to solve using this community. So, it seems there is a need for this community platform. As I said earlier, Remote Learners includes anyone who is learning anything using internet resources or offline resources such as books. That includes everyone you just mentioned.
Trust me, I do feel like quiting on it everyday but I remember your story of starting SD and that motivates me to get back to work.
I'm glad you liked the website. And for your information, this idea is not new. In fact, if you follow maker's community wip.chat then you must be knowing the platform I built is inspired by it. The only distinction is that they are a community of makers this is for learners. And I figured learners need it the most as I mentioned before about reddit. Also, if you remember, I posted on our SD group regarding learning issues, that was me validating the idea.

Teliah Gienger

I didn't consider at first starting a FB group but it seems I should now. Yes, SD has seen more traction because of the group. In fact, I first found out the group then the podcast. So that said, I am starting a Remote Learners group!
Yes, definitely now I'm considering remote freelancers and workers as target audience too. Also, thanks to @Sam for mentioning reddit, I found out many subreddits on online learning and self-learning with threads of users addressing the same issue I am trying to solve using this community. So, it seems there is a need for this community platform. As I said earlier, Remote Learners includes anyone who is learning anything using internet resources or offline resources such as books. That includes everyone you just mentioned.
Trust me, I do feel like quiting on it everyday but I remember your story of starting SD and that motivates me to get back to work.
I'm glad you liked the website. And for your information, this idea is not new. In fact, if you follow maker's community wip.chat then you must be knowing the platform I built is inspired by it. The only distinction is that they are a community of makers this is for learners. And I figured learners need it the most as I mentioned before about reddit. Also, if you remember, I posted on our SD group regarding learning issues, that was me validating the idea.
This is awesome! Super stoked for you Sahil!