What's new

My journey to accomplish 2018 goals...

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #1
Below are just some of the goals I have for 2018. I'll update this thread on a semi-regular basis with my progress. Feel free to comment and leave feedback!
  • Successful Dropout reach 50,000 members and earning 10k/mo
  • AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 10k/mo with AffiliateFix
  • Launch PeerMotion platform with 10,000 users and personally earn 10k/month from that
  • Be at 175lbs and 10% body fat
  • Self publish a book related to Successful Dropout and education
  • Open a second NUYU Juice Bar location
  • Purchase a fixer upper 3 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass, WA.
So as you can probably tell, this year is mostly about financial and business growth for us. There are other goals I have for this year that aren't listed here, but these I think are the ones worth sharing in this environment.

I often talk about the importance of setting goals more in terms of the lifestyle you want to live (what you want to spend your time doing and who you want to spend your time with) and less in terms of money. I still think that is very important, especially if you are just starting your career it's very beneficial to prioritize your goals in terms of lifestyle first, and monetary/material things second.

I'm past that season though. As of 2017 I've settled into the kind of work I want to be doing for a significant amount of time. I already live in my dream location, I already love what I do so much I don't even consider it work, and I already spend my time how I want and with who I want. It's taken years to get here. Now it's time to scale, build, grow, and impact more.

That's where I'm at. You may still be exploring and looking for that thing to dedicate a significant chunk of your life and energy towards. Enjoy that journey! Experiment, fail and learn as much as you can! ...and share it in this forum while you're at it! :)

Onward..

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #3
Haha dang you're good.

One of my mid to long term financial dreams is to make $1000/day (profit) whether I work that day or not. In addition I will have a 7-figure+ net worth when you add up various illiquid assets...but I would like to receive that kind of cash in my account on a regular basis as part of my personal cashflow that I have immediate access to. Obviously I prefer to live well below that kind of cashflow, but the rest I want to use to fuel various projects and initiatives. :)

Teliah Gienger

Below are just some of the goals I have for 2018. I'll update this thread on a semi-regular basis with my progress. Feel free to comment and leave feedback!
  • Successful Dropout reach 50,000 members and earning 10k/mo
  • AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 10k/mo with AffiliateFix
  • Launch PeerMotion platform with 10,000 users and personally earn 10k/month from that
  • Be at 175lbs and 10% body fat
  • Self publish a book related to Successful Dropout and education
  • Open a second NUYU Juice Bar location
  • Purchase a fixer upper 3 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass, WA.
So as you can probably tell, this year is mostly about financial and business growth for us. There are other goals I have for this year that aren't listed here, but these I think are the ones worth sharing in this environment.

I often talk about the importance of setting goals more in terms of the lifestyle you want to live (what you want to spend your time doing and who you want to spend your time with) and less in terms of money. I still think that is very important, especially if you are just starting your career it's very beneficial to prioritize your goals in terms of lifestyle first, and monetary/material things second.

I'm past that season though. As of 2017 I've settled into the kind of work I want to be doing for a significant amount of time. I already live in my dream location, I already love what I do so much I don't even consider it work, and I already spend my time how I want and with who I want. It's taken years to get here. Now it's time to scale, build, grow, and impact more.

That's where I'm at. You may still be exploring and looking for that thing to dedicate a significant chunk of your life and energy towards. Enjoy that journey! Experiment, fail and learn as much as you can! ...and share it in this forum while you're at it! :)

Onward..
I'm stoked to see these goals and more happen. :) I should probably share mine too so I make sure they happen.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #11
UPDATE
Successful Dropout reach 50,000 members and earning 10k/mo
So it's been a few days since we launched the new site. 25+ members in the forum. Not bad for two days. I'm happy with it. I still need to push it out to my email list and podcast listeners properly. Messing around with the homepage copy and button links. Getting a decent amount of organic Google traffic again which is a relief since I wasn't sure how much I would lose migrating the new site over. Now just need to optimize for conversion. Conversion in this case being a registration in the forum.

AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 10k/mo with AffiliateFix
So AF is currently at 93,000 members. Just this morning I had a meeting with another forum owner about acquiring his forum. He has 97,000 members. So simply buying his forum would put us close to this goal for 2018. Not sure what will happen there yet.

This goal may have to change some. Recent developments with this ICO project I am working on will require me to step out from leading AffiliateFix altogether so I can put my full attention on PeerMotion. Because of this, we are working on a transition plan over the next few weeks. My current staff will get their pay bumped with more responsibilities added to their plate. Another member of my staff will move in to the management position, and we just hired @Caitlyn Scheel to manage all things sales and revenue. After these things happen I can step out for the most part, but would like to stay involved in a small capacity.

So I need to revise this goal as I won't be earning from this source much long term. Not sure what the new goal will be or if I should even set a new one. I'll think about that later.

Launch PeerMotion platform with 10,000 users and personally earn 10k/month from that
Still working on finding advisors to this project. Still in the early stages. We have our one pager and slide deck done. I've gotten interest from the likes of Pat Flynn, Charlie Shrem, and Charles Ngo (who I chatted with this morning) for coming on as advisors to the project. So cool to be in a position to chat with these awesome people. Lot's more to do! We want to list our native token on exchanges before July.

Be at 175lbs and 10% body fat
I'm currently at 164lbs. I don't have a way to measure my body fat...so that's the first step. I've only missed one day of working out this week. I need to work out harder though and actually come up with a routine that I follow strictly. Right now it's just basic weight lifting and body weight exercises and really whatever muscle group I feel like working on that day. I eat well. High protein diet, almost no sugar. I need to drink more water and I need to work out harder. Again, I think a strict routine and plan is needed, then I can just follow that. Working out until I'm dripping in sweat would be another good metric to measure sufficient effort.

Self publish a book related to Successful Dropout and education
I need a subject. I started writing a book title just Successful Dropout several months ago. It's probably 35% done. Just a collection of stories over the last 9 years of being a dropout, and what I learned from each story. But honestly it's a hard one to finish...because I feel like there are many more stories happening and yet to come. This may be a book I'm working on for a couple years before it's published. Maybe not a good one to accomplish this goal with.

I can't get the idea of writing a book about "just in time learning" out of my head though. This may be a good one to accomplish this goal with. What woke me up to this is the sheer number of times I've been asked to explain this concept. People are extremely interested in it and it seems to be a surprisingly new concept to most people...they love it! A quick google search reveals that there really isn't any material on this...at least not the way I've been evangelizing it. Could be a great opportunity. And I feel an easy write for me. Just in time learning. This may be it.

Open a second NUYU Juice Bar location
No progress here yet. What's holding us back is finding the real estate to build the second location on. Until we have that, we can't do anything. We've looked around quite a bit but nothing is on the market yet. Keeping an eye out. Meanwhile, sales keep increasing!

Purchase a fixer upper 3 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass, WA.
This is probably the lowest priority at the moment. This area of the market is pretty scarce, so not a lot of properties come online. We aren't very liquid right now either (cash wise) so that will have to be fixed first. Keeping an eye out though.

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #14
Let's interview you!

Put on a 15-minute time at http://doodle.com/johnsimerlinkand we can hash out a list of questions for the interview.

I want the episode to promote you / benefit you as much as possible.

Also I want to see if there are specific things I can do (for free) to help you get your $10k/mo. Let's talk.
Will do!

cvans

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a substantial part of Successful Dropout, the book, include the stories of some of your favorite guests on the podcast. Get them to write their stories and include them in the book (possibly in exchange for some self promotion).

I mean, a book that includes both your philosophy on learning and stories of successful dropouts (that aren’t Steve Jobs c.s.) sounds like a book I would totally buy; and a great gift item too! :)

Gerrit

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a substantial part of Successful Dropout, the book, include the stories of some of your favorite guests on the podcast. Get them to write their stories and include them in the book (possibly in exchange for some self promotion).

I mean, a book that includes both your philosophy on learning and stories of successful dropouts (that aren’t Steve Jobs c.s.) sounds like a book I would totally buy; and a great gift item too! :)
Sounds nice. Also because then you show your philosophy is widely carried and it gives the readers a few different perspectives on the situation, increasing the chance that they identify with the story.

Teliah Gienger

Ooooh! Good ideas! @Kylon write a book, please? ;)

Kylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #20
UPDATE
Successful Dropout reach 50,000 members and earning 10k/mo
At 116 members! Not quite to 50k but it's a start, haha. A lot of this is my fault. Because of PeerMotion startup I haven't had a lot of time to focus on promoting the forum...but it's nice to see it growing organically at 2 members per day or so.

Monetization efforts are underway after having a meeting with some of the core members of SD. Our biggest chance at revenue rn is affiliate links and also creating a very extensive "All The Things You Didn't Learn In School" course.

AffiliateFix reach 200,000 members and me earning 2k/mo with AffiliateFix
We're getting closer to this. Next week will sign another LOI with a similar sized forum which has 100k members...and AffiliateFix has 96,000. By the time we execute on that LOI to buy the other forum, AF should be at 100k members...so the two combined will be 200k! I changed the goal from earning 10k/month to just 2k/mo since I've passed off most of my responsibilities. But I think 2k/mo is reasonable for myself once both merge and start earning.

Launch PeerMotion platform with 10,000 users and personally earn 10k/month from that
Most of my focus is here. Moving along rapidly! Legal entity almost set up, will do seed round soon and then private token pre sale (we will be creating our own cryptocurrency). Right now deep in ideation stage. About 90% done with the white paper. Will share when it is done! If anyone here is interested in affiliate marketing...this will be a killer platform for you to get involved with!

Be at 175lbs and 10% body fat
170lbs!

Self publish a book related to Successful Dropout and education
Have outline done. Will be on JIT learning

Open a second NUYU Juice Bar location
No progress here yet. Still waiting for real estate options to open up in target location.

Purchase a fixer upper 3 bed 2 bath home with 10 acres between Cle Elum and Snoqualmie Pass, WA.
No progress here yet besides a few prospective properties we are keeping an eye on.