What's new

💻 Remote Learners Club is Live! 🚀

Thread starter #1
Why Remote Learners Club?

• Have you ever signed up for 10 Udemy courses and never finished them?

• Have you ever decided to learn that new hot thing trending in the market but you never actually started?

• Did you ever quit learning something just because it got hard or maybe there was no one looking over your shoulder and pushing you?

If yes, then Remote Learners Club is for you.

As self-directed learners, we all are familiar with these struggles. The online education space has opened up a whole new world for the learners but it fails to do provide some crucial things which traditional system provides(although not in your best interest!). Like accountability! When learning online it’s just you sitting in front of your computer with no one there to push you and motivate you when things get harder. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

How can Remote Learners Club help you?

At Remote Learners Club, I aim to solve these problems by creating a community of self-directed learners who help each other succeed. You can create your own learning group as per your field or join an existing group and invite others to join you. The community chat is powered by Slack, which is full of essential features. The fun part is you can create to-learn tasks(to-do but for learning!) right from the chat and your tasks will be shared publicly with others, which is an efficient way to hold each other accountable and actually get that learning done. Keep learning and complete at least one to-learn task every day to earn your streak which will be displayed on the front page of the website making you a superstar learner.

Slack Chat
app-screenshot.png

site.png

The alpha-version is out after 2 months of coding! Feel free to join and start using it. I would love your feedback, email me at sahilvasava@gmail.com or you can post it here in this thread.

Gerrit

I love this man. I have a hard time setting time apart for coding courses because I'm too busy making websites. Now I just took 2 whole days last week and I learned so much stuff that I could directly use. It's incredible. I really hope your platform can motivate me to make more time for my courses!

Thread starter #3
I love this man. I have a hard time setting time apart for coding courses because I'm too busy making websites. Now I just took 2 whole days last week and I learned so much stuff that I could directly use. It's incredible. I really hope your platform can motivate me to make more time for my courses!
I feel you, man! To be honest, I have been wanting to learn new front-end framework but as I was building this website, I couldn't find time to learn. But now that alpha-version is ready, I can try my hand on that Vue.js;). And yeah, sure this platform will help you. In fact, you can check out wip.chat which is a community of makers and I just applied their idea to build a community of learners. They are killing it in the maker space.

Thread starter #9
Amazing, Sahil! Great job coding this together in only 2 months! :D

What are your plans to get it to take off? Maybe you should talk to Kylon about the possibility of making it a Successful Dropout spinoff...
Hey Corné! Yes, I did make it in 2 months (I used what Kylon likes to call, learning just-in-time)! But for me, coding was not the hardest part. The project is live, but I actually lack the necessary skills to get it to take off and make it a vibrant community. Which again, I'm in the process of learning. I would like to hear your and Kylon's thoughts on how to make it work.

Sam

What courses are you doing? :)

Gerrit

What courses are you doing? :)
Right now I still have to finish the backend part of Colt Steele’s: The Webdeveloper Bootcamp and a course in advanced CSS and SASS by Jonathan... I forgot his last name. Besides that I have a ton of courses on my waiting list.

Thread starter #14
@Sahil Vasava, I love engaging and connecting with people! Maybe I could help you reach out to those in the remote working and freelancing side of things? Possibly dive into some facebook groups and subreddits to see if we find any takeup there?
:)Hey @Sam! Thanks for reaching out and offering your help. I would like to have a chat about it. I want to point out one thing, though. Remote Learners is specific to self-directed learners or any kind of learner who uses different resources available on the internet and books to learn things on his own(He might be enrolled in a traditional system, it doesn't matter.). You mentioned remote workers and freelancers, these are not the target audience. If you meant something else, correct me! :unsure:

Gerrit

😄 actually planning to get
:)Hey @Sam! Thanks for reaching out and offering your help. I would like to have a chat about it. I want to point out one thing, though. Remote Learners is specific to self-directed learners or any kind of learner who uses different resources available on the internet and books to learn things on his own(He might be enrolled in a traditional system, it doesn't matter.). You mentioned remote workers and freelancers, these are not the target audience. If you meant something else, correct me! :unsure:
@Sahil I believe freelancers and remote workers would benefit greatly from your platform as well. Anyone that is a lifelong learner could appreciate your platform.

Sam

Right now I still have to finish the backend part of Colt Steele’s: The Webdeveloper Bootcamp and a course in advanced CSS and SASS by Jonathan... I forgot his last name. Besides that I have a ton of courses on my waiting list.
Sounds good, I'm looking to brush up on my Web development. It wasn't massively focused on in my degree, just spent all my time using java. Thinking what the best way to start learning again in that area would be if you had any recommendations?

Sam

I think your reach could be further, you'll find a massive overlap too. People who do one thing remotely often do EVERYTHING remotely haha!

Gerrit

Sounds good, I'm looking to brush up on my Web development. It wasn't massively focused on in my degree, just spent all my time using java. Thinking what the best way to start learning again in that area would be if you had any recommendations?
https://www.udemy.com/the-web-developer-bootcamp/ This is the same course I'm doing right now. It's a good course to get a little Front-End and a good amount of Back-end knowledge. I do think most of it's energy is focussed on Back-End. If you want to add front-end to that
https://www.udemy.com/design-and-develop-a-killer-website-with-html5-and-css3/
Basically any front end course by Jonas Schmedtmann is good. His English is not the best but his CSS knowledge, pace and design style are very good.

Thread starter #20
😄 actually planning to get

@Sahil I believe freelancers and remote workers would benefit greatly from your platform as well. Anyone that is a lifelong learner could appreciate your platform.
Yeah, totally @Gerrit ! By learner, i mean anyone who keeps on adding skills and new things to learn to his list whether he be a professional. Freelancers and remote workers are a breed who are life-long learners. Thanks to @Sam for pointing them out.