Stephen Olmon is a business development executive, investor, writer, and was formerly a consultant at KPMG. His current company, SimpleLTC, was acquired in 2016 after seeing significant revenue growth during his tenure. He is passionate about all things finance – he loves the ins and outs of traditional investments, is a self-taught cryptocurrency investor, and is currently writing a book on personal finance. Stephen loves disruption in any market and wants to be at the forefront of that disruption whenever possible. Stephen, his wife Jennifer, and soon-to-arrive daughter are based in Dallas, TX.
Stephen is a childhood friend that I’ve recently re-connected with and it was awesome to have him on the show talking about two of his favorite subjects; finances and crypto. As crypto is becoming more popular, it’s important to understand what it is, how it could shape the future, and how to safely get involved.
Here are just some of the things we covered in this episode:
- What is cryptocurrency and blockchain?
- Is there a bubble?
- What can crypto and blockchain technology be used for?
- You’ve bought cryptocurrency before, you just didn’t realize it!
- You first steps to get into crypto and some general advice
- Some pointers on how to choose what to invest in
- Stephen tells us how much money he has made in crypto (no not really, but kind of)
- Mistakes that Kylon has made in the crypto-verse
- Crypto terminology
- And much more!
Below are several resources, links and tools relating to crypto. Everything from early beginnings to who to follow in the space.
Updates and News
Recent Thought Leadership
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.