Jake is the author of the book Off The Beaten Trail which comes out September 28th, 2016. It’s an inspiring memoir about his journey dropping out of college and backpacking through Central America. He’s a a social media strategist and blogger at Launchbox 365 which is an organization dedicated to bridging the gap between millennial and managers in the work place. He has an incredible story to share and he is definitely a world changer!
Time Stamped Notes
- 02:40 Intro
- 05:02 Why Jake decided to dropout and backpack Central America
- 09:50 The 2 questions that changed Jake’s life
- 14:45 Crazy story from Jake’s travels (chicken bus plus hitchhiking)
- 19:20 How Jake’s friends and family reacted to his decision
- 21:30 Advice for how to get your friends and family to support you dropping out
- 23:50 Jake’s vision for himself as an author
- 24:50 Launchbox 365
- 28:44 Jake’s worst entrepreneurial moment
- 30:00 Jake’s book funded with Kickstarter
- 31:09 Jake’s AH HA moment
- 32:23 How Jake generates revenue right now
- 33:00 What would older Jake tell younger Jake
- 34:40 Personal habit that contributes to Jake’s success
- 36:20 Essential quality for an entrepreneur
- 37:30 Book recommendation – New to Audible.com? Get your first book FREE here!
- 38:33 Jake’s “why”. What success means to him
- 40:30 Advice for people who are thinking of dropping out
- 41:20 Advice for people who have already dropped out
- 41:44 Best way to connect with Jake
4 Key Points
- Immerse yourself in the vision of the life you would be most proud to live.
- We must have the courage to follow our intuition because it is in the pursuit of our dreams and passions where we find happiness.
- Learn to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Take action! The first step is the hardest, but as soon as you take it, it get’s easier and easier and everything starts to fall into place.
- Off the Beaten Trail – Jake’s book!
- Jake’s website
- Jake’s post on anxiety and depression in college that went viral
- How to Stop Worries and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Google Calendar
This episode is brought to you by Praxis
Go from student to start up in just 9 months. Click here to discover Praxis!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.