Omar is the co-founder of the $100 MBA, one of the largest alternative business education platforms online. He’s also the host of the iTunes Best of 2014 podcast The $100 MBA Show. The $100 MBA show has delivered 700 lessons and counting to over 50,000 daily listeners. Omar is also the co-founder of WebinarNinja, an all-inclusive, easy to use webinar platform that allows you to create a webinar in 10 seconds flat. He also loves 80s music and high-fives.
Time Stamped Notes
- 00:19 Kylon’s intro
- 02:50 Introduction to Omar Zenhom
- 03:30 Omar shares his background & $100 MBA
- 10:25 What makes Omar’s $100 MBA better
- 16:28 100 Dollar MBA success stories
- 18:35 Omar’s thoughts on the future of education
- 26:45 What it is about Omar?
- 25:00 What it takes to be an entrepreneur
- 32:05 Looking back, was it worth it?
- 35:25 First steps
- 39:00 The 100 Dollar MBA Podcast
- 41:00 Growth
- 44:00 Omar’s worst entrepreneurial moment
- 48:10 The AHA! moment
- 51:00 Message to a younger self
- 54:00 Personal habit for success
- 57:00 Omar’s parting words of advice
- 01:00:00 Kylon’s Outro
4 Key Points
- Prove to yourself that you have what it takes to create and succeed before dropping out. Let action be your decision.
- Consistency is the key to being successful.
- Fall in love with your idea or business, because until you sincerely care, what you know won’t be enough to sell yourself or a product.
- Be selective about who you spend time with. Make sacrifices to become inspired.
- Praxis – A real-work apprenticeship where professional development training can land you a $50,000 salary in less than a year. Click here to discover Praxis!
- The 100 Dollar MBA Show – Omar’s iTunes podcast
- 100 Dollar MBA – Omar’s $100 business course
- Webinar Ninja – Omar’s webinar company
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport – A book suggested by Omar focusing on work ethic and habits
This episode is brought to you by Praxis
Go from student to start up in just 9 months. Click here to discover Praxis!
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.